Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated]Abu Qatada finally deported to Jordan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Cable Forum Basement > Current Affairs

[Updated]Abu Qatada finally deported to Jordan

Old 09-05-2012, 16:40   #136
Osem
Ignore trolls & idiots
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion

Osem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny stars
Osem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny stars
re: [Updated]Abu Qatada's deportation appeal REJECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
well it would appear the ECHR has had a sudden bout of common sense
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16224852
It's probably a temporary aberration sadly...

However whilst we should rejoice at this news, let's not assume this despicable man is going anywhere soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:06   #137
TheDaddy
cf.mega poster

TheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered stars
TheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
It's probably a temporary aberration sadly...

However whilst we should rejoice at this news, let's not assume this despicable man is going anywhere soon.
I hope it is temporary tbh, there are british hostages overseas that have been threatened with execution if he goes to Jordan I think we should find them and get him back before he goes anywhere.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:21   #138
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Home Secretary Theresa May said: "It has always been the government's intention that the Qatada case should be heard in the British courts, so I am pleased by the European Court's decision today.

"I remain confident that the assurances I have secured from the Jordanian Government mean we will be able to put Qatada on a plane and get him out of Britain for good.

"His case will now go through the British courts, and in the meantime, because of the action taken by the government, Qatada remains behind bars."

If what the British courts have been dishing out lately. I seems like he could be staying?

Hope not
Is anybody here still left alive!?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 18:28   #139
Osem
Ignore trolls & idiots

Osem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny stars
Osem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny starsOsem has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I hope it is temporary tbh, there are british hostages overseas that have been threatened with execution if he goes to Jordan I think we should find them and get him back before he goes anywhere.
Yes that's concerning of course but if his fanatic supporters want to kill innocent Brits they don't need hostages to do it and even if we got them all home safe there'd be no way to prevent more being taken.
Old 09-05-2012, 22:05   #140
TheDaddy
cf.mega poster

TheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered stars
TheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered starsTheDaddy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yes that's concerning of course but if his fanatic supporters want to kill innocent Brits they don't need hostages to do it and even if we got them all home safe there'd be no way to prevent more being taken.
No that's all true but imo we should just stall them a bit until we find him, when you consider what Qatada being here has already cost us in cold, hard cash a bit more won't hurt.
Old 09-05-2012, 22:46   #141
Kymmy

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Updated]Abu Qatada's deportation appeal REJECTED

Updated title
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:35   #142
Derek
Humourless drone
Cable Forum Team

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
However the panel ruled his application was made in time
Looks like they scraped past by the skin of their teeth. I wonder if someone will be getting a kicking at the home office for not getting the timings right.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43   #143
martyh
cf.mega poster

Services: crappy sky+ tv crappy BT internet and phone still got my VM mobile
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars
martyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny starsmartyh has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Looks like they scraped past by the skin of their teeth. I wonder if someone will be getting a kicking at the home office for not getting the timings right.
Every year i get a new callender from my chinese takeaway ,it's a very nice callender with pictures of chinese landmarks ,maybe i should pass the number on to the home office and then they can get a nice callender

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
martyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49   #144
Osem
Ignore trolls & idiots

Wouldn't surprise me if Qatada's wife was employed by the Home Office....
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32   #145
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Judge rules Abu Qatada will not be deported

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20295754

Quote:
Muslim cleric Abu Qatada will not be deported to Jordan, after he won his appeal at the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac).

The appeal was upheld after his lawyers claimed he would not get a fair trial in Jordan.

The government said it would seek to appeal against the ruling.
Old 12-11-2012, 13:20   #146
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 20M SHUB thingy in modem mode XL TV and phone
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star
heero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny starheero_yuy has a nice shiny star

Looks like this threads title will need re-updating.
Old 12-11-2012, 13:22   #147
Damien
-
Cable Forum Team

Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars

I was thinking 'Rejection of Abu Qatada's deportation appeal REJECTED'
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:43   #148
Osem
Ignore trolls & idiots

Re: [Updated]Abu Qatada wins new deportation appeal

I was thinking "will of the vast majority of the general public rejected"...

Old 12-11-2012, 16:25   #149
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I was thinking "will of the vast majority of the general public rejected"...

And now we hear that Abu Qatada will be released on bail tomorrow says Home Secretary Theresa May.

Pathetic.
Old 12-11-2012, 18:03   #150
Hom3r
All true..Except the lies

Location: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1TB Tivo, 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, SHub 120Mb. HTC One (M7), 2TB WD NAS & Cuddly Toy
Hom3r has a nice shiny starHom3r has a nice shiny starHom3r has a nice shiny starHom3r has a nice shiny starHom3r has a nice shiny star
Hom3r has a nice shiny starHom3r has a nice shiny star

Stop all his benefit, he's a non euro citizen.

My Blog
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote