Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | torrentz.eu blocked?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

torrentz.eu blocked?

Old 04-04-2012, 16:36   #16
Sirius
Going to retire in Malta

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: torrentz.eu blocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
why has it taken you so long then?
????
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 16:42   #17
General Maximus
Phoenix Legions

Services: phone + L TV + 152mbit BB + Sky+HD
General Maximus has a bronzed appealGeneral Maximus has a bronzed appeal
General Maximus has a bronzed appealGeneral Maximus has a bronzed appealGeneral Maximus has a bronzed appealGeneral Maximus has a bronzed appealGeneral Maximus has a bronzed appeal

for goodness sake, have i got to come in and bitch slap someone behave

Last edited by General Maximus; 04-04-2012 at 16:52.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 16:51   #18
craigj2k12
Truly Unlimited
Snake Champion

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 16:52   #19
Sirius
Going to retire in Malta

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
PM me your address and i will send you some paracetamol
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 17:03   #20
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Back on topic, please.

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 23:08   #21
cook1984
cf.geek

cook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud ofcook1984 has much to be proud of

VM's DNS servers are giving me the wrong IP address. Google's give me the correct one (46.19.137.189). Perhaps the issue is regional?
cook1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48   #22
Milambar
cf.geek

Milambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation era

If they recently changed their hosting provider, it could simply be that virgins dns servers are being slow to update to the new IP.

When you change hosting providers, your IP usually changes. You then need to inform your "name servers" of your new IP. That nameserver will then tell all the other DNS servers the new IP. This is known as "DNS propogation", and takes 24 to 48hrs to complete (usually).

For a food-dish, of radius Z, and thickness A, you can say it is PI*Z*Z*A
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00   #23
craigj2k12
Truly Unlimited
Snake Champion

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
If they recently changed their hosting provider, it could simply be that virgins dns servers are being slow to update to the new IP.

When you change hosting providers, your IP usually changes. You then need to inform your "name servers" of your new IP. That nameserver will then tell all the other DNS servers the new IP. This is known as "DNS propogation", and takes 24 to 48hrs to complete (usually).
Virgin are the hosting provider lol
Old 05-04-2012, 03:42   #24
Milambar
cf.geek

Milambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation eraMilambar has entered a golden reputation era

I don't think you are correct there.

According to dig, nslookup, whois or any of the other tools.

ping torrentz.eu returns an ip of 46.19.137.189, which I plug into jwhois...

jwhois tells me ip range 46.19.137.184 - 46.19.137.191 was assigned to a private company called "PrivateLayer" in Panama City, Panama.

So unless Virgin moved to South America without telling anyone, they are not the hosting provider of torrentz.eu.

Which is why I suggested it could be a simple dns propogation issue. I have no idea if they recently changed hosts.

For a food-dish, of radius Z, and thickness A, you can say it is PI*Z*Z*A

Last edited by Milambar; 05-04-2012 at 03:49. Reason: info
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 14:58   #25
craigj2k12
Truly Unlimited
Snake Champion

right okay, ive misunderstood, I thought you meant DNS, virgins own DNS servers are on VMs network it what I meant

my bad