Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2012, 12:49   #1636
passingbat
Streaming is for 'now'

Services: Virgin XL BB, XL Phone, M TV, Tivo.
passingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze array
passingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze array
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
I'm still waiting for their ad to air! Did I blink and miss it or is it 'coming soon'
I guess I'll never see it. The whole point of Tivo; record everything and skip the adds!
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2012, 12:54   #1637
anap
cf.addict

Services: VIP with extra box (TiVo 1TB, TiVo 500GB & V+), Sony 32d3000 & hxd870, Sharp LC20AD5E.
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough

They have a box that lets you skip through ads then spend a fortune on them!
Old 22-02-2012, 13:09   #1638
telegramsam
cf.geek

Services: virgin tivo,xl tv,vbox,virgin broadband,virgin phone,freeview
telegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to alltelegramsam is a name known to all

Never saw the ad either as was watching footy before going to work but it sounds like I missed nothing. When I had virgin tv I too used to get very angry when watching on demand and the remote failed to respond to you fast forwarding or get stuck and you`d miss half your program!
Old 22-02-2012, 13:13   #1639
passingbat
Streaming is for 'now'

Services: Virgin XL BB, XL Phone, M TV, Tivo.
passingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze array
passingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze arraypassingbat has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by anap View Post
They have a box that lets you skip through ads then spend a fortune on them!
Thats because they know that some people still live in the past with their viewing habits and still watch live, when they could record and skip adds. This was demonstrated by those with Tivo moaning about the lack of reminders Ducking down out of aim now
Old 22-02-2012, 13:51   #1640
richard1960
cf.mega poster

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Thats because they know that some people still live in the past with their viewing habits and still watch live, when they could record and skip adds. This was demonstrated by those with Tivo moaning about the lack of reminders Ducking down out of aim now
Why would i want to record live sport which is primerily what i am interested in.

Hows that for a starter for 10.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:02   #1641
denphone
Still alive and smiling

Services: XL BB, 2 Tivo's, XL TV.
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars
denphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered starsdenphone is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Why would i want to record live sport which is primerily what i am interested in.

Hows that for a starter for 10.
And add another five to that.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:10   #1642
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Location: NearBaton Rouge, Louisiana odd days in Cardiff South Wales
Services: TiVo ,V + Virgin XL. Phone Broadband. freeview(x 3 sets) COX tv
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
This going to sound really weird ( well nothing changed there).

We NEVER ( if we can help it)watch channels with commercials live. However
We do watch BBC. live. We find it helpful to have reminders as we can be watching a recording & have been known to have more being recorded.

Then we lose track of time or totally forget that one off show (normally that`s what it is) is on. Hence reminders. As was also said they are great if you want to get live sport ( even then I have been known to start to record & jump in half time injuries etc)

I really did not think that such a "simple " thing would cause so much agro. Now apps on the Tivo, are a different story - why o why did anyone think they were a good idea ( paint & dry comes to mind ) I am ducking
Old 22-02-2012, 14:51   #1643
undertakereddie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media XL V+ Wireless 20mb
undertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to allundertakereddie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
@Media Boy or anyone else Know What Going To Be Shown on Virgin Media Ondemand Throughout March 2012?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Seen no info.
ok Thanks Media Boy Keep a Look Out For Me Because I wanted to know Weither Warner TV were Going to Show Series 6 of Supernatural Next Month On Demand.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:59   #1644
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 1TB TiVo 500GB TiVo SA V+box XXL 50 Broadband XL Phone 2 VM Mobiles
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

You can checkout Warner TV On Demand schedules here :-http://www.warnertv.com/ondemand_listings.php?providerID=2
Old 22-02-2012, 15:59   #1645
Media Boy
GOT NEWS? PM me.

Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Needs you: Has Virgin updated you local ITV1 +1 area?

ITV are launch more ITV1 +1 Channels on Sky this week in the following areas.

Meridian OR Anglia
West OR Westcountry??
Tyne Tees
Granada OR Border

? Means I do not know if ITV are launching one for ITV1 +1 this week.
OR Means I do not know what area is broadcasting on ITV1 +1 right now.

Thanks for any help.
Old 22-02-2012, 16:09   #1646
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Location: NearBaton Rouge, Louisiana odd days in Cardiff South Wales
Services: TiVo ,V + Virgin XL. Phone Broadband. freeview(x 3 sets) COX tv
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Meridian OR Anglia
West OR Westcountry??
Tyne Tees
Granada OR Border

Thanks for any help.
I must be bored- does this mean that in other regions you know is happening ?
Old 22-02-2012, 17:34   #1647
Rillington
cf.geek

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud ofRillington has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
Sure the 2 channels lost were not the most watched but it's another 2 channels lost and nothing announced to replace them except a price increase !!!
When Sky closed down the channels formally owned by VMTV - Bravo, Channel One and offshoots - VM did not launch any channels to replace them. Similarly when VM removed MTV Classic and two other MTV channels, no music channels appeared to replace them. Therefore, don't expect any replacements for Diva TV, Sky Living Loves and Current TV.

I'm sure that others can tell us this but my guess is that the total number of linear channels carried by VM is less than it was when VM carried MTV Classic.
Old 22-02-2012, 18:58   #1648
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of society

Quote:

Meridian OR Anglia
West OR Westcountry??
Tyne Tees
Granada OR Border

Thanks for any help.
I have had itv1 +1 for awhile now media boy??? Granada area here.
Old 22-02-2012, 19:24   #1649
Media Boy
GOT NEWS? PM me.

Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
I have had itv1 +1 for awhile now media boy??? Granada area here.
Thanks for info.

All I know is ITV are launch more ITV1 +1 channels so that viewers can watch their local News.

Up here in Scotland STV +1 only have one area broadcasting.

Last edited by Media Boy; 22-02-2012 at 19:29.
Old 22-02-2012, 22:43   #1650
PWSPWS
Inactive

Services: VIP50 Tivo & 3 V+ (one old & 2 Samsungs)
PWSPWS is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thing that really makes you think it's time to force a split up of Sky's distribution & channels - how many brands would be happy with only an inferior offering of their product being made available? Can you imagine Coke or Pepsi saying we don't want it in the chiller, but luke warm off the shelf'll be fine for our consumers Perfectly fine for a third of your audience to watch SD instead of HD though like any decent brand-owing business would strive for
Closed Thread