Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2012, 20:02   #1576
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of societygba93 is a pillar of society
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media says ''Goodbye to Sky Living Loves'' - on Diva TV.

Sometime since 4pm today Virgin Media has put up on on-screen info saying ''We've said goodbye to Sky Living Loves''. on Virgin Channel 164 - Ex home of Diva TV.

But Sky Living Loves is still broadcasting on Virgin Channel 159.
Something about left hand and right hand springs to mind
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 22:14   #1577
greyposter
cf.addict

Services: Tivio L,Sky + BT Infinity.
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

Diva springs to mind.
Old 20-02-2012, 22:33   #1578
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, on my box I have a channel called INTACC testing on my box, it says programmes resume again tomorrow at 00.00? any ideas. I also have 20 versions of bbc 1? 5 versions of channel 4 and 2 of channel 4 +1, 4 versions of channel 5, 17 versions of itv1 and the equivalent of itv+1.

Sky sports F1 is testing on my box on channel 336 and 7 unknown channels without any description next to them.

Last edited by ottoni; 20-02-2012 at 22:42.
Old 20-02-2012, 23:18   #1579
Media Boy
GOT NEWS? PM me.

Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Hi guys, on my box I have a channel called INTACC testing on my box, it says programmes resume again tomorrow at 00.00? any ideas. I also have 20 versions of bbc 1? 5 versions of channel 4 and 2 of channel 4 +1, 4 versions of channel 5, 17 versions of itv1 and the equivalent of itv+1.

Sky sports F1 is testing on my box on channel 336 and 7 unknown channels without any description next to them
Thanks for info.

Was told about ''INTACC'' testing by an Virgin Tester weeks ago but was waiting on more info.

Thanks for info on Sky Sports F1 testing.

All the BBC, ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 are just for they local areas (Virgin use Viewers Post Code for them).

Plus viewers may see their local news on ITV1 +1 this week as ITV are launching more ITV1 +1 channels on Astra this week.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:03   #1580
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boys Monday update.

Tomorrow at 6am we will be saying goodbye to Sky Living Loves on Virgin Channel 159.

Tuesday night (Wednesday Morning) at 1am WWE fans can watch WWE Smackdown Live on Sky Sports 3 from 1am til 3.15am on Virgin Channel 513.
What channel will take its place on the EPG?
Old 21-02-2012, 09:10   #1581
Lew
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Who says anything will?

Nog, Zek, Odo, Brunt, Mo
Old 21-02-2012, 09:55   #1582
howardmicks
VM Tivo User

Services: VIP.120b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.Skyhd,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's r
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

So we continue to lose chanels as prices go up,what the hell is going on vm?
Old 21-02-2012, 10:04   #1583
joff81
cf.addict

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Exactly what I was thinking !!!!

Sure the 2 channels lost were not the most watched but it's another 2 channels lost and nothing announced to replace them except a price increase !!!
Old 21-02-2012, 10:11   #1584
Lew
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
What does it have to do with VM? If channels cease broadcasting there's not a whole lot they can do.

Nog, Zek, Odo, Brunt, Mo
Old 21-02-2012, 10:13   #1585
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Indeed, you also pay for a package of channels, not a set amount. Otherwise the price would increase with each additional
Old 21-02-2012, 10:22   #1586
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post

Sky sports F1 is testing on my box on channel 336 and 7 unknown channels without any description next to them.
Maybe something will come from this?
Old 21-02-2012, 10:24   #1587
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Location: NearBaton Rouge, Louisiana odd days in Cardiff South Wales
Services: TiVo ,V + Virgin XL. Phone Broadband. freeview(x 3 sets) COX tv
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

How about Ocean finance or Argos TV ! instead would watch them as much as the ones going !!!
Old 21-02-2012, 10:26   #1588
richard1960
cf.mega poster

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
How about Ocean finance or Argos TV ! instead would watch them as much as the ones going !!!
To be fair Itshim i have loads of programmes recorded from current TV so as when it goes i will have something to watch i love documentary style programming.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:28   #1589
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+ Box, 3x TiVo, 60MB VM BB
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
What channel will take its place on the EPG?
Nothing

Its nothing to do with VM if a channel ceases broadcasting.

You also pay for a package not a certain amount of channels so VM do not have to provide a replacement for it.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:30   #1590
richard1960
cf.mega poster

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array
richard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze arrayrichard1960 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nothing

Its nothing to do with VM if a channel ceases broadcasting.

You also pay for a package not a certain amount of channels so VM do not have to provide a replacement for it.
I think peoples main point is that they can see channels disappearing for various understandable reasons ie they cease to broadcast.

But they see their subscription increasing so are left wondering what they are getting for the extra cash.

Quite understandably.
Closed Thread