Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 08-04-2012, 21:48   #646
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Entertainment Extra+, SKY Sports, SKY Movies, Boxnation, SKY Multiroom, SKY Broadband, SKY Talk
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
boxing fans need the 2 channels fighting to show the best action week in week out and for now thats what looks like is happening! i cant think of many decents fights that havent been on either channel since boxnation started exept the shows on channel 5 and for me its brilliant. and i save money by staying in to watch it!
Totally my feelings on the matter. Too long we've missed out on fights like Povetkin Vs. Huck or Chavez Jr Vs. Rubio due to a lack of TV coverage. Boxnation and SKY going head to head for boxing rights is great for the sport and fans.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2012, 21:56   #647
thatllbeme
cf.addict

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

with the heavyweight division being dominated by the klitschkos is it worth doing a super 8 or even 16 tournament with some of the best heavyweights in the world fighting in a straight knock out competition?? heres a list of name who could be put in the hat!boystov,dimitrenko,pulev,chagaev,ibragimov,ust inov,gerber,helenius,povetkin,perez,fury,price,chi sora,haye,mitchell,wilder... and still plenty of others if some didnt want to take part! it would bring the excitement back into the heavyweight division!

Last edited by thatllbeme; 08-04-2012 at 22:07.
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 20:06   #648
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Entertainment Extra+, SKY Sports, SKY Movies, Boxnation, SKY Multiroom, SKY Broadband, SKY Talk

Quote:
with the heavyweight division being dominated by the klitschkos is it worth doing a super 8 or even 16 tournament with some of the best heavyweights in the world fighting in a straight knock out competition?? heres a list of name who could be put in the hat!boystov,dimitrenko,pulev,chagaev,ibragimov,ust inov,gerber,helenius,povetkin,perez,fury,price,chi sora,haye,mitchell,wilder... and still plenty of others if some didnt want to take part! it would bring the excitement back into the heavyweight division!
That would be fantastic. The International Prizefighter last year was a major let down. Not enough big names.

It looks like we've got more action coming soon on Boxnation from Sauerland and Goldenboy. Not confirmed yet but the below fights should be covered by the deal Boxnation have with both promoters:

Andre Berto Vs. Victor Ortiz II - 23rd June 2012

Alexander Povetkin Vs. Hasim Rahman - 14th July 2012

The Bunce Show was good last night. I enjoy when Frank Warren is in the studio. The e-mail from the Czech Republic was classic!
Old 11-04-2012, 21:11   #649
thatllbeme
cf.addict

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

theres enough fighters to do something but would the promoters want it? and would some of the fighters? i think 16 is to many but 8 should be easy enough to arrange and would be better than the super6 as it would have correct numbers for a straight knock out format. id like to see boytsov,helenius,chisora,povetkin,chagaev,price,ge rber,mitchell if i had to choose 8!
Old 11-04-2012, 22:52   #650
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
theres enough fighters to do something but would the promoters want it? and would some of the fighters? i think 16 is to many but 8 should be easy enough to arrange and would be better than the super6 as it would have correct numbers for a straight knock out format. id like to see boytsov,helenius,chisora,povetkin,chagaev,price,ge rber,mitchell if i had to choose 8!
Yeah the promoters would be a major stumbling block. I do like watching a fit Helenius and Seth Mitchell is a wrecking ball. I'd also like to put forward Chris Arreola, if he could get down to 225lb. Another guy who excites, but not tested at the top level, is Deontay Wilder. I've watched him a few times on ESPN. 21 fights, 21 knockouts. He'd be a bit of a wild card.
Old 14-04-2012, 19:57   #651
thatllbeme
cf.addict

im hoping for a rogan win tonight
Old 14-04-2012, 21:17   #652
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
im hoping for a rogan win tonight
I like both fighters. They can be exciting and seem like good blokes. I'm just concerned that if Fury does lose, Channel 5 might not stay in the fight game too much longer

I'm too tired to stay up for the card on BoxNation, will watch that in the morning.
Old 14-04-2012, 22:57   #653
thatllbeme
cf.addict

thats what the tivos for!
Old 15-04-2012, 00:10   #654
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
thats what the tivos for!
The old TiVo is carrying some boxing at the moment that I need to get through. I've still to watch this weeks KOTV, Ringside and listen to the Steve Bunce radio show I record from BBC London every Thursday night. I've also got last night's Bigger's Better from Eurosport and the undercard from Sturm Vs. Zbik which was shown earlier today.

I'm off work on Wednesday so I'll have a boxing session! The wife thinks I'm building furniture that day
Old 15-04-2012, 20:25   #655
thatllbeme
cf.addict

i look forward to ringside on a thursday and buncey on a monday but think he should either do a longer show or even do more shows he could do monday,wednesday,friday as at the moment the guests dont have enough time to talk and are like on a convayor belt getting 5 minutes or less
Old 15-04-2012, 20:26   #656
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally my feelings on the matter. Too long we've missed out on fights like Povetkin Vs. Huck or Chavez Jr Vs. Rubio due to a lack of TV coverage. Boxnation and SKY going head to head for boxing rights is great for the sport and fans.
good channel..
Old 16-04-2012, 00:30   #657
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
i look forward to ringside on a thursday and buncey on a monday but think he should either do a longer show or even do more shows he could do monday,wednesday,friday as at the moment the guests dont have enough time to talk and are like on a convayor belt getting 5 minutes or less
I also get the impression with the Bunce show that it's not rehearsed at all, and is 60 minutes of Buncey completely winging it. Some of his studio guests are ropey to say the least.

I would like to see a regular boxing news programme on Boxnation. It could air on a Friday night and recap the biggest news in the world of boxing for the past 7 days plus look forward to the weekends big action. I wouldn't want it to be in the same format as the Bunce hour. I would actual prefer it to be in the same format as Channel 4's KOTV, but better.

Alternatively I'd like Boxnation to land HBO's new boxing show fronted by Jim Lampley. Here's more info on the show:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ng-news-issues

Actually I've always found Boxnation to be open to new ideas. Anytime I've e-mailed them directly, they've always answered. Maybe I'll suggest they try and get the rights to 'The Fight Game'.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
good channel..
For boxing fans it's the best
Old 17-04-2012, 07:08   #658
thatllbeme
cf.addict

groves is injured and out of fight on may 5th!

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...low-for-Groves
Old 17-04-2012, 08:50   #659
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
groves is injured and out of fight on may 5th!

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...low-for-Groves
Saw that this morning on SKY Sports. Such a shame.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:22   #660
Chad
cf.mega poster

Now the Nathan Cleverly fight is off too These things happen in boxing but it's so frustrating when they do.