Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 22-01-2012, 14:40   #331
SuperHighway
cf.member

SuperHighway is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Has the recent "software upgrade" that impacted the Android app also broken the Tivo Ipad app as mine has stopped working on both the ipad and iphone?
SuperHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2012, 14:54   #332
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 152Mb BB, Sky World with 1TB Sky+HD, Sky+HD & SkyHD boxes
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighway View Post
Has the recent "software upgrade" that impacted the Android app also broken the Tivo Ipad app as mine has stopped working on both the ipad and iphone?
No, the app still works fine for me on the iPad and iPhone. I was using it only about an hour ago.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 15:03   #333
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to all

There are two different firmwares floating around the TIVOs

If you are still on 15.2.RC8-VMC-2-C00, then the Android and IOS apps will still work

If you have be upgraded to 15.2-01-2-C00, then none of the apps will work.

VM have deliberately broken the network for our apps until they release their own app later in the year, which is slipping further and further back - it was due out last year, then early new year and now later in the year.

How hard can it be the official US TIVO app works, this is getting to be a joke

Why they can't release version 1 with some of the extra functionality missing is beyond me, and then bring out an update later.

Perhaps they intend to make the guys writing the app redundant after the release

Its amazing how fast they pushed out this fix, but haven't fixed any of the other issues with the TIVO, talk about getting their priorities mixed up

Last edited by toady; 22-01-2012 at 15:09.
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 15:34   #334
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Wow,I didn't know that! What a joke, VM seem to be doing their best to make themselves look bad. I'm just glad that the app is still working with my TiVo.
Old 22-01-2012, 15:49   #335
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: VIP 120 with Tivo
Parlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the rough

Not working for me now, real shame as it gave a great preview of what the official app could be capable of.

Hope the VM app isn't too long coming now.
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 16:14   #336
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post
Not working for me now, real shame as it gave a great preview of what the official app could be capable of.

Hope the VM app isn't too long coming now.
Given how long VM have taken so far I wouldn't count on it being released anytime soon unfortunately.

Take a look at the quote from toady earlier today......

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
slipping further and further back - it was due out last year, then early new year and now later in the year.
Old 22-01-2012, 16:35   #337
TonyHoyle
Inactive

TonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
T
Its amazing how fast they pushed out this fix, but haven't fixed any of the other issues with the TIVO, talk about getting their priorities mixed up
I think they're clear about their priorities.. if we use another app than theirs we're not looking at the right adverts.

Which would be fine if their team of crack programmers hadn't already taken 12 months to turn the background colour from blue to red..
TonyHoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 16:40   #338
SuperHighway
cf.member

SuperHighway is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep on the 15.2-01-2-C00 firmware and apps no go now :-(
SuperHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 16:54   #339
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHoyle View Post
I think they're clear about their priorities.. if we use another app than theirs we're not looking at the right adverts.

Which would be fine if their team of crack programmers hadn't already taken 12 months to turn the background colour from blue to red..
Old 22-01-2012, 17:23   #340
Sirius
Going to retire in Malta

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Its amazing how quick they fixed this so it is stopped working but they have not been able to fix there version so it does work.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 18:51   #341
LozW
cf.member

LozW is an unknown quantity at this point

Disappointed to hear this. Not very friendly of Virgin at all.
Now, how do we stop the firmware updating?
LozW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 19:48   #342
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+ Box, 3x TiVo, 60MB VM BB
Stephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen

The official app is being worked on by TiVo and VM. Wish I could say more but NDA and all that. It will be released as soon as its ready.
Old 22-01-2012, 19:55   #343
Jameseh

If ready could be converted into something more precise, almost like picking a channel number from 101-193 then dropping the 1 for the actual percentage of completion...

Also not at all coincidently, what is your favourite entertainment channel on VM Stephen?
Old 22-01-2012, 20:14   #344
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of societypythagoras is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
If ready could be converted into something more precise, almost like picking a channel number from 101-193 then dropping the 1 for the actual percentage of completion...

Also not at all coincidently, what is your favourite entertainment channel on VM Stephen?
Maybe his entertainment channel is higher than193

regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 21:07   #345
videodj
cf.addict

Services: VIP50, Tivo & (SA) V+
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough

My Tivo App is still working, I guess my Tivo hasn't updated yet.
P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz @ 1.30v, 16Gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 RAM, 2 x Sapphire HD6970 Crossfire, 1 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro, 1 x Hitachi 500Gb, Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, iPad 2, Galaxy Note 2014, Galaxy S3
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote