Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 21-12-2011, 21:20   #271
idbirch
cf.member

idbirch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Oh yes! Much better, thanks for he heads up. So much nicer to look at with all the thumbnails and channel logos visible.

edit: I can confirm all the crashes associated with OD content are now resolved!! Sod Virgin's version, this is great! My only gripe now is that the channel logos aren't cached, it seems to re-download them from the TiVo box every time the app is closed and re-opened. But I'm nitpicking.

Last edited by idbirch; 21-12-2011 at 21:24.
idbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2011, 21:28   #272
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to alltoady is a name known to all

Same update is available for the iPhone, You now get the channel logos in the Guide next to each channel number. You now have photos against each programme

As above, none of this was there before, and you couldn't search or select anything from On demand

toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 22:48   #273
Sirius
Going to retire in Malta

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Same update is available for the iPhone, You now get the channel logos in the Guide next to each channel number. You now have photos against each programme

As above, none of this was there before, and you couldn't search or select anything from On demand

Just upgraded to it. What a differance
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 23:01   #274
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Looks very nice now and still loads nice and quick.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:54   #275
tdenson
cf.member

tdenson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenson View Post
I am using the Mac version of sn00ps program and all was well a week ago, but for the last week I have not been able to get it to connect at all - yet the Peanut Plus app is still working so I have a working network connection to the Tivo. Any suggestions ? (I have rebooted the iPad/iPhone a few times).

Tony
Oops, I restarted my server and forgot to restart sn00ps program, sorry folks.
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 15:50   #276
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: VIP 120 with Tivo
Parlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the roughParlyboy is a jewel in the rough

Also got the new version of the App. It was good before but to me it seems much slicker and much more stable. I tried typing in 'their' which always seemed to crash the previous version and no problem. Even multiple words searches and it seems fine.

If the VM app, when it eventually appears, is as goods as this then I'll be very happy.

Impressed!!
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 21:33   #277
steveqpr
cf.member

steveqpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies for asking this question if it's already been addressed (and I'm sure it has as I can't be alone!)... Are there any plans for a wireless adaptor for the Virgin TiVo box? It's gonna be difficult if not impossible for me to connect it to my current wireless router as it's in a different part of the house so at present I cannot use the iPad/iPhone app.
steveqpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 21:47   #278
foddy
Inactive

Services: Tivo, 50Mbps
foddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveqpr View Post
Apologies for asking this question if it's already been addressed (and I'm sure it has as I can't be alone!)... Are there any plans for a wireless adaptor for the Virgin TiVo box? It's gonna be difficult if not impossible for me to connect it to my current wireless router as it's in a different part of the house so at present I cannot use the iPad/iPhone app.
I've no idea, but you can use home plugs (network over the mains circuit) to extend your network - they're pretty cheap these days.
foddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:28   #279
tdenson
cf.member

tdenson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by foddy View Post
I've no idea, but you can use home plugs (network over the mains circuit) to extend your network - they're pretty cheap these days.
I agree. I've been making a lot of use of them recently and modern ones work really well. A pair of TP-Link ones cost £36 from Amazon.
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:53   #280
steveqpr
cf.member

steveqpr is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Thanks for the reply foddy 'n td - useful to know that there are options available. Appreciate the responses
steveqpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 10:23   #281
Majordude
cf.member

Majordude is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Looks very nice now and still loads nice and quick.
I agree I'm very impressed with the speed considering the extra content.

I have a feeling that I'm always going to prefer the US version over the VM one when it comes out because of the predominantly blue background used rather than the VM maroon which I think is less restful on the eye IMO.
Majordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 21:29   #282
crankstreet
Inactive

crankstreet is an unknown quantity at this point

can any one tell me how i can run the scripts on my ipad 2 or iphone 4 they are both jail broken if that helps

i just don't want to keep turning my computer one to use this great app
crankstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 21:44   #283
Stuart
Cable Forum Team
Cable Forum Team

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Erm, why do you need your computer turned on? AFAIK, none of the apps need a computer.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2011, 00:59   #284
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

The US app does not connect to the Virgin Tivo without the use of a small app running on your PC which fools it into connecting.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2011, 17:01   #285
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 152Mb BB, Sky World with 1TB Sky+HD, Sky+HD & SkyHD boxes
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Updated the TiVo app last night and I'm extremely impressed. Being able to directly access the TiVo from the app gives great flexibility that's not available in the Sky+ app. Having the ability to change channels, view my recorded shows and manage season passes etc gives VM a real advantage over rival Sky+ app.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote