Repairing the Prefetch folder in Windows XP
Did you accidently delete your Prefetch folder from the WINDOWS directory? If you have dont panic because you can get it back by following this guide:
1) Make sure that the task scheduler is enabled.If you are un sure go to-> Start/Contrl Panel/Administrative Tools/ Click on Services/ Then in the list of services make sure the Task Sheduler is enabled & restart the service by clicking on Start. Close the Services Folder & go back to desktop.
2) Then go to START/RUN/ and TYPE IN/->cmd<-(without the arrows) CLICK OK. This will bring up the DOS Command screen.
3) You will need to copy and paste this entry in at the flashing cursor
-> rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks <-(without the arrows) and press ENTER.
4) Now reboot three times and your Prefetch folder will be rebuilt.(It takes 3 reboots for the prefetch folder to work out what it needs)
5) Then go BACK to ->Start/Contrl Panel/Administrative Tools/ / Services/ Once again find TASK SHEDULER in the list and stop the service and then set it to disabled.This will stop any more entries going into your Prefetch folder.
Originally posted by MadGamer
MacBook Pro 15"|Mac OS X 10.7 Lion|250GB HDD|2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo|8GB DDR3 @1067MHz|Nvidia 9400M 256MB (Intergrated)|2 Year AppleCare Warranty